My self Durgesh from IndoBhutan. I watched youtube for years, since my childhood. So, I’ll talk about YouTube vs Tiktok as an viewer.
so, I’ll do this ‘vs’ thing in my own way.
- Type of platform.
- Type of Content.
- How to reach the Cream.
- Adult Content!!
- YouTube is a online video platform, in which you can either upload or live stream or premiere your videos. You can also offline your videos in the app only. You can join your favourite channels with paid memberships to get access to exclusive content. People can do Super chat in livestreams by paying money to get attention of the youtubers. YouTube generate revenue from adds etc and also pays youtubers too. YouTube is free of cost.
- YouTube is a home to all genres of videos of any length. It can be education, motivation, music, movies, short films, documentaries, tutorials, vlogging, technical, scientific, entertainment, etc. You name it, it is there.
- To reach top of youtube, you need to have a great content, it is not at all easy to grow up in youtube, even to reach 100k subscribtions you must do penance(generally speaking). From 100k to above your journey is an example to people. As they are paid, lots of money gets invested in making videos. That’s why we have die hard fans for youtubers(bollywood also feels jealous sometimes). The creamy layer of youtube is a big social influence. YouTube targets every kind of people. Target audience is big and wide.
- Adult Content oooh!! spooky and naughty haa, yes youtube is like a stone, you can pelt it or you can build sculpture. Yes adult content is very high in youtube, and it has put stringent efforts in controlling adult content not to reach kids and minors, such as age restriction, youtube kids etc. Still, you can access it with fake age account.
- Copyrights is the best thing in YouTube, nobody can copy your content without your permission. You wish you can strike a claim against copying content.
- It is also a online video platform, where users upload videos max upto 60 sec or below. It is mostly a mobile application, not at all great website. Nothing like adds, so no revenue and absolutely free. You can message in this, but not in youtube.
- Tiktok content is mosty fun and entertainment. It has a very negligible amount of educational content. Content in this app is dub smash,dance, singing etc. As the video length is limited, so becomes the content. Target audience is mostly youth when in fun mood mostly.
- To reach the top, you need to give as much entertainment as possible. That’s it , no other option. As Tiktok is the rapid growing platform, creamy layer is also social influencer, but not as big as youtube. Even cream layer got notice from film industry, but no die hard fans.
- This platform has also hosts much adult content like youtube, but without any regulations. So it makes worser than youtube.
- There is no such things such as copyrights in Tiktok, so one can use others content, without any permission.
I hope I did a unbiased review of these platforms, but now onwards I’ll say youtube is king, Tiktok dogs don’t even have nearby content that to of youtube, fuck off Tiktok, you are useless shameless. There is no comparison in between these two. Always youtube, forever youtube yayy!!